Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New deals: save £50 on Addison Lee taxi bookings and get 6,000 Avios with Tesco Pet Insurance

Save £50 on Addison Lee taxi bookings

Addison Lee has launched a new £50 discount offer which will be especially attractive to American Express Platinum cardholders.  This is because of one of the benefits of The Platinum Card is a £10 per month statement credit from Addison Lee.

You will receive £10 off the next five bookings you make via the Addison Lee app.

Rides must be for £15 or more.  The offer runs until 2nd February.  Promo code JAN10 must be used each time you book.  New and existing Addison Lee app users can take part.

Full details of the offer can be found on the Addison Lee website here.

If you are reading this on mobile you can download the Addison Lee app by clicking here.

Addison Lee discount code

Get 6,000 Avios with Tesco Bank pet insurance

Tesco Bank has launched a pet insurance offer!

You will earn 2,500 Clubcard points, which converts into 6,000 Avios or 6,250 Virgin Flying Club miles, when you take out a policy.

Full details are on the Tesco Bank website here.  The offer is open to all Clubcard holders and does not say it is targeted.

You need to keep the policy for 35 days to get the points.  The cheapest ‘Accident & Injury’ policies do not count.

The last date to apply is 31st March.

Comments (170)

• Pete says:

Note the Addison Lee deal excludes airport drop off and collection. Though it works fine if you set the dropoff as Walrus Road ..

• Benilyn says:

OT: 24 hours before Etihad check in, do the Economy space / extra expensive paid seats become free?

• Benilyn says:

Ok they now don’t anymore. When I flew in Dec-18, you could select the economy space seats for free 24hr before. Call centre telling me that even at check in, you can’t nab them for free.

• marcw says:

Who flies Etihad nowadays?

• Binks says:

Just bought my ticket!!! Looking forward to going to my first hfp party / get together!

• lebron 23 says:

tickets now sold out

• Dev says:

Nothing on my Platinum card, but I have the £50 off for £200 spend on my legacy gold card.

• Boi says:

OT: anyone with 20K upgrade to platinum link?

• Oliv says:

OT – if I book myself on HBO and another passenger on an RFS, can I then get BA to link the bookings? As I am Silver, in that case will I be able to select the seats for both passengers for free?

• Jonathan says:

No. You can only link separate bookings for free seat selection as a Gold and even Golds don’t then get free seat selection if the other passenger is HBO.

• TGLoyalty says:

even has a gold I would have thought you have to be on the same type of ticket.

*linkin* as gold still means phoning to change you seat in my limited experience. I always booked together only time i did it on separate bookings was to cash in on the £200 off AMEX deal last year.

• Shoestring says:

families can do it – and I have successfully done it several times, separate bookings eg 4 Avios RFS tickets + 1 cash ticket – and they sat us all together – kids were much younger though so maybe that helped

probably the point is: the agent *can* do it but often won’t if you don’t qualify through status – but just ask nicely with a good reason (young kids) and they’ll probably help you out

• Paul R says:

OT – Hi All. Long-time lurker, first time poster. I have a forthcoming economy booking from IST to MLE with Turkish Airlines. Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to upgrade the booking, either using cash or Miles & Smiles points?

• Lady London says:

TK is a bit of a special interest so far as most uk flyers are concerned so I’d suggest you take a look at flyertalk which may well have the answer.

• ankomonkey says:

I’m not an expert, but have redeemed short haul J out of IST a few times. I think you can upgrade using Miles & Smiles points as long as there is redemption availability. There would likely be an additional cash charge to pay too. Log in and search for redemption seats on your flight.

ISTFlyer on FT knows everything so will be able to accurately advise.