Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

LAST DAY: Get 6,000 points when you add a free supplementary card to your Amex Gold or BA Amex

Until tonight (Saturday) American Express has doubled the bonus you get when you add a supplementary card to:

• American Express Preferred Rewards Gold
  • the British Airways American Express card
  • the British Airways Premium Plus American Express card

Supplementary cards are free, so this is a very easy pile of points worth up to 6,000 Avios or 6,000 Membership Rewards.

IMPORTANT: There is a separate offer, also ending today, for adding a supplementary card to a Marriott Bonvoy, Nectar or American Express Rewards Credit Card. You can learn more about those bonuses in this article.

What bonus can I get for adding a supplementary card?

This offer is only available on the FIRST supplementary card added to your American Express account. If you already have a supplementary card in issue, you will not get the bonus if you add another one to the same account.

You MUST use this page of the American Express website to apply.

This is what you receive:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold

Receive 3,000 Membership Rewards points when the additional card is approved, plus a further 3,000 if your additional card spends £500 in the first three months

British Airways American Express

Receive 1,000 Avios when the additional card is approved, plus a further 1,000 if your additional card spends £300 in the first three months

British Airways Premium Plus American Express

Receive 3,000 Avios when the additional card is approved, plus a further 3,000 if your additional card spends £500 in the first three months

How long does the offer run?

Not long! The offer ends tonight, Saturday 31st July.

If you have any of the three cards above and have never issued a supplementary card in the past, now is as good a time as you will get.

You must use this special page of the American Express website to add your supplementary card. If you use any other page of the Amex website, your bonus will not track.

Comments (18)

• Justin says:

Has anyone actually received the additional bonus 3k bonus after the £500 spend from their supplementary card? (Gold Card)

It’s been two weeks and still nothing for me.

• Gothbe says:

Same here

• Tim says:

Same here. I am however getting unexplained double points on all my spending (on the main card) so I don’t intent to raise any issue with Amex. I’ll just sit tight and see what I end up with.

• Justin says:

There was an offer available to the first x amount of customers:
        “Earn 1 additional point per £1 spent up to 1,000 points for 2 months.”

I’m assuming you must’ve added that to your card at some point?

• Louie says:

I’m fighting with Amex at the moment over the 2k bonus for the AERRC 1st supp. I did use the right link but they are saying that I do not qualify, though they won’t give me any reason why. Hubby and mum also applied exactly the same way, mum got hers (immediately), no sign of hubby’s either yet (though much more recent application).

• Louie says:

Well at least hubby now has his, so just one fight on my hands. Amex CS is getting worse and worse I find.

• KBuffett says:

If you’ve a supp in the past and cancelled it, is there a time period after which you are eligible for the bonus again?

• G says:

I’ve generally found as long as there is no supp on the account when you apply you get the ‘first’ supp bonus. But the few times I did this I did leave around a week or two from cancelling old supp to applying again

• Paul says:

Is it still possible to get an “own name” supp (ostensibly eg to track business expenses etc) and if so what’s the best way to request it?

• Definitas says:

I have just applied for a Gold supp via the link. Presumably the application will track back to today to qualify for the bonus regardless of when the card is issued?

• Jonathan says:

Anyone tried the link for the Nectar or the ARCC as the Amex website no longer mentions any extra bonus for adding a supplementary card?