Hyatt has brought back its generous American Express cashback deal.
This is the most lucrative of the cashback offers that regularly pop up on American Express cards.
You even have a decent period of time to use it. Until 10th December you will receive £100 back when you spend £250 at participating Hyatt hotels.
As usual, you need to see if you have the offer showing on any of your American Express cards and then save it to lock it in. My wife and I both have it, despite the fact that we both had an identical offer in the spring and successfully used it.
There are a few things to note about this deal:
- it is only valid at selected Hyatt properties in Europe
- Small Luxury Hotels properties are not included
- you need to stay by 10th December
- it is clear that cumulative spend does count
This is a deal well worth jumping on
The list covers hotels in:
- United Kingdom
The German list is now far longer than it used to be following the additional of the Lindner properties.
Of the hotels we have reviewed, you can use the offer at:
- Austria – Park Hyatt Vienna (review here)
- France – Hyatt Regency Palais de la Mediterranee, Nice (review here) – image below
- Germany – Grand Hyatt Berlin (review here)
- Germany – Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf (review here)
- Netherlands – Andaz Amsterdam (review here)
- Netherlands – Hyatt Regency Amsterdam (review here)
- Spain – Thompson Madrid (review here)
You can check out the full list of participating hotels here.
Earn World of Hyatt bonus points too
Don’t forget to register here for the current World of Hyatt promotion.
For stays between 6th October and 30th November, you will earn 3,000 bonus points (which we’d value at £35) for every three nights you stay. These do not need to be consecutive.
If you want to learn more about how World of Hyatt works, see this article.
This deal will double up with Hyatt Prive benefits
You can combine this deal with Hyatt Prive, the benefits programme offered by luxury travel agents including our partner Emyr Thomas.
Hyatt Prive gets you the following benefits – at no additional cost, compared to the usual Best Flexible Rate – for stays at:
- all Park Hyatt hotels
- all Andaz hotels (some cheaper ones require a 2-night stay)
- some Grand Hyatt hotels
- some Hyatt Regency hotels
- some hotels in The Unbound Collection
- $100 property credit per room per stay ($50 or $75 at some cheaper Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency hotels)
- one category room upgrade confirmed within 24 hours of booking
- daily full breakfast for two
- early check-in (from 9am) and late check-out (to 4pm) subject to availability
- welcome gift and letter
Because all Hyatt Prive rates are ‘pay on departure’, you can be sure that they will combine with the cashback. Click here to learn more about Hyatt Prive, and use the form here to contact Emyr with booking enquiries.
World of Hyatt update – December 2023:
Get bonus points: World of Hyatt is not currently running a global promotion
New to World of Hyatt? Read our overview of World of Hyatt here and our article on points expiry rules here. Our article on what we think World of Hyatt points are worth is here.
Buy points: If you need additional World of Hyatt points, you can buy them here.
World of Hyatt is offering a 20% bonus when you buy points by 4th December. Click here to buy.
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from Hyatt and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.