Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post your British Airways Premium Plus retention offers!

• ringingup 176 posts

Has anyone received retention offers on the BAPP card?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Reney 751 posts

Yes spend £3000 get 10k avios.

ringingup 176 posts

Yes spend £3000 get 10k avios.

Not massively generous…

Whisper2 44 posts

Any idea if there is a better chance of being offered a retention offer if cancelling on the chat function as opposed to over the phone?

I don’t want to lose the Avios I have earned so far this month so was planning to wait until the end of the month, or is it possible to get the Avios transferred before I cancel?

SteveJ 974 posts

Any idea if there is a better chance of being offered a retention offer if cancelling on the chat function as opposed to over the phone?

I don’t want to lose the Avios I have earned so far this month so was planning to wait until the end of the month, or is it possible to get the Avios transferred before I cancel?

They won’t transfer them over early for you. I’ve asked this before and general advice is if you don’t want to lose them, wait til they are safely in your BAEC before cancelling.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Anyone had a more recent BAPP retention offer?

I’m considering a drop to the free card (if allowed) but would be good to know if there are any retention offers available prior to calling Amex.

CarpalTravel 359 posts
    FFoxSake 217 posts

One was mentioned here: https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/platinum-retention-offers/page/4/#post-321670

Thanks!

For reference here that offer was “2.5 Avios per £ or 10k Avios for £3k spend in next three months” posted on 28th Feb.

Andrew J 769 posts

I got 10k for a £3000 spend in 3 months.

FFoxSake 217 posts

I got 10k for a £3000 spend in 3 months.

Were you asking to fully close the card or trying to downgrade to the free card when they made that offer to you?

FFoxSake 217 posts

Just called and got the 10K Avios for £3000 spend offer added too.

Said I was considering closing the Amex card and switching over to the new Barclays Avios card.
    So this will keep me with Amex for a bit longer… hopefully long enough for Barclays to sort out it’s new card processes!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    CarpalTravel 359 posts

Just called and got the 10K Avios for £3000 spend offer added too.

Said I was considering closing the Amex card and switching over to the new Barclays Avios card.
    So this will keep me with Amex for a bit longer… hopefully long enough for Barclays to sort out it’s new card processes!

Thanks for the feedback, interesting. Not sure it is enough to make me want to keep with it personally, but is good to know.

rams 223 posts

No offer but in the terms they don’t say anything about losing voucher but instead having to pay BA for using it with the BA card (which isn’t true)

• If you have earned a British Airways Companion Voucher, please be aware that Companion Voucher bookings must be made using the British Airways Card they were earned with. This is set in the Terms and Conditions on the Companion Voucher. Cancelling this Account may mean you are unable to redeem your Companion Voucher.

Adder 20 posts

5k Avios for £1k spend on Friday. Unprompted on my part, called and said was planning to cancel the card (which I genuinely am, as off to Oz in June for a few years!)

Harrods 120 posts

Had the card for less than a month, £5k spent. 10k Avios for £3k spend retention offer just now.

Toppcat 50 posts

Same 10k avios for £3k spend here. Seems to be a trend emerging…

Peter K 549 posts

On live chat, 5k for £1k spend in next 3 months. Worked for me as I’ve other spend to do in that time period.

rum 275 posts

Nothing for me. Think I last had such an offer back in April or May last year. Will try again though.

Amy C 369 posts

Another one offered 10K for £3000 spend in 3 months an hour ago. Absolutely lovely CS agent. She was initially pushing me to simply downgrade and said, “I shouldn’t tell you this really but what people do is acquire the voucher on the PP card then downgrade after and get a pro rata return of the fee”. She confirmed I wouldn’t lose the vouchers (there’s a rarity!) but would need any Amex to pay the taxes when I came to use one.

t0m 73 posts

Nothing for me – had my card years and never asked for a retention offer. Tried via chat and they point blank refused to offer me anything.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

10k avios for 3k spend in 3 months. Offered today.

CarpalTravel 359 posts

Just cancelled my BAPP that I have held for 12 years (apparently!) via chat. No offer, just 40mins wasted whilst being told about how wonderful the card is and how I should consider the free card.

I have recently accepted a PersPlat offer so that may well have had an impact. I only entertained the cancellation agent out of curiosity, only a 30k+ offer (which was never going to happen) would have started to make me begin to reconsider.

If you are in a similar position I would encourage you not to waste your time, just cancel with the first agent.

DJ 91 posts

10k Points for 3k spend in 3 months as well.

Will I get a progress bar in the app to track this?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Andrew J 769 posts

10k Points for 3k spend in 3 months as well.

Will I get a progress bar in the app to track this?

No

Entitled 68 posts

5,000 Avios for £1,000 spend. I’m still in my first month of the card and have already earned the welcome bonus.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.