Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Diamond status and Ambassador

• NorthernLass 7,542 posts

Keep us updated, Harrier!

Harrier25 852 posts

Keep us updated, Harrier!

Will do.🤞

John 1,000 posts

Once at an HIX I was greeted with “thanks for being a fourth level elite” and the guy had never heard of spire or platinum or whatever, apparently status shows up as a number on their computer.

Another time someone said thanks for being platinum and when I challenged her she apologised and acknowledged I was spire, and claimed that her hotel got very few status members so she momentarily forgot “what the numbers meant”.

Heard from a friend who achieved diamond the hard way via points in 2022 (so status till end 2023), but also bought Amb which extended his expiry to 2024, that he got the email saying he was downgraded, but account still shows diamond and was accepted as diamond on check in yesterday.

K3v 27 posts

You are correct it was the instant upgrade link. I didn’t have any stays whatsoever last year, This year I have several booked in. I am expecting to be downgraded but can’t moan.

I was platinum before using the link last year to gain diamond. I bought ambasseder to extend until the end of this yea and that’s what my account is showing.

Which link though?

IHG itself did promo(s) on earning plat / diamond status depending on how many nights you stayed.

And then there was one late in the year that was a corporate offer (related to employees of Amazon) that got released into the wild.

I’m assuming it’s the latter one where people are having their status changed rather than those using the IHG offer.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Don’t understand why people get so worked up on this. If you expect status through past stays or status match, call customer support. If not enjoy it until it lasts.

NorthernLass 7,542 posts

I think it’s all supposed to be slightly tongue in cheek!

Harrier25 852 posts

I’m a happy Harrier on the banks of the River Avon this afternoon. Recognised as Diamond, free breakfast for both rooms, lounge access, 600 welcome points per room and a free drink & snack voucher for 2! Thank you Crowne Plaza Stratford upon Avon. 😀

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

I’m a happy Harrier on the banks of the River Avon this afternoon. Recognised as Diamond, free breakfast for both rooms, lounge access, 600 welcome points per room and a free drink & snack voucher for 2! Thank you Crowne Plaza Stratford upon Avon. 😀

Happy days @Harrier25 – enjoy your stay! 😎

Harrier25 852 posts

Thank you Mr G Globetrotter.

NorthernLass 7,542 posts

Great news, Harrier – eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may be Platinum 😂

Harrier25 852 posts

Yep, but you never know. The Gods may still be shining on us Ambassador Club members at the end of the month.🤞

Boogs 2 posts

Yep I’ve been down graded to platinum ☹️
    I got an email to say if I stayed 8 nights I coul keep diamond, but it started 15th Feb, I had already booked 5 nights in London 20/3 – 25/3 so I assume that won’t count toward my 8 days? Any hope?

Pangolin 106 posts

Yep I’ve been down graded to platinum ☹️
    I got an email to say if I stayed 8 nights I coul keep diamond, but it started 15th Feb, I had already booked 5 nights in London 20/3 – 25/3 so I assume that won’t count toward my 8 days? Any hope?

IHG isn’t like Accor (where only nights booked after a promo is announced count).

If the offer is showing as active on your account then those nights next week should count towards the 8 nights needed.

mark2 127 posts

Probably too late now, but if still there I suggest you have a look at Indigo in town centre.

Harrier25 852 posts

Probably too late now, but if still there I suggest you have a look at Indigo in town centre.

We only live 45 minutes away…subject to the traffic on the M42, and enjoy our 2 or 3 one night stays away in Stratford each year. We have stayed at the Indigo and Doubletree, but prefer the Crowne Plaza. The Doubletree is very disappointing.

jeff 36 posts

Great to hear.

I managed to get through my IHG stays the last week or so remaining as Diamond Ambassador. On my part, a Junior Suite upgrade, a few free breakfasts and slightly more points than usual. On IHG’s part, lots of $$$ in stays that would have otherwise been thrown at Hilton, plus some additional F&B spend thanks to savings on the brekkie. On the servers’ part, much nicer tips thanks to the savings we made.

A virtuous circle. Let’s see what happens 31 March!

Harrier25 852 posts

Fingers crossed, Jeff 🤞

K3v 27 posts

At the risk of tempting fate, I haven’t been downgraded yet…..

sloth 315 posts

At the risk of tempting fate, I haven’t been downgraded yet…..

its not the end of the month yet…I also haven’t been but still has the message to say account status will be reviewed by end of the month. Knowing IHG they will probably not get round to sorting things out until May…

K3v 27 posts

Morning,

Just an update, rhe account review banner gas gone off my page now and I haven’t as yet been downgraded.

NorthernLass 7,542 posts

Same here, but I have noticed it coming and going over the past couple of weeks so it might just be IHG’s flaky IT (which after all is the reason for the current situation …)

dst87 264 posts

Banner also gone for me, but the app still says I’m Diamond until Dec 31, 2022 so… I’m not sure there’s much to read into at this stage.

Harrier25 852 posts

I’m still Diamond too. 🫣

Benilyn 150 posts
    John 1,000 posts

Just noticed my account has reverted to saying diamond until Dec 2023. It said Dec 2022 for several weeks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.