Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

• SteveJ 979 posts

Does anyone know how long it takes for credits to appear on the account? Have had the card for about a week now and still nothing.

You say you’ve had the card for a week, when did you do the qualifying spend?
    Also remember you need to opt in to the offer on your account before the spend.

xefo 47 posts

Does anyone know how long it takes for credits to appear on the account? Have had the card for about a week now and still nothing.

Sorry, should have worded it differently. I meant that I haven’t had the initial offer come through yet. In fact, no offers are showing at all on the platinum in the app or on the website.

SteveJ 979 posts

Sorry, should have worded it differently. I meant that I haven’t had the initial offer come through yet. In fact, no offers are showing at all on the platinum in the app or on the website.

Got it, this particular offer is open to all (as is the Harvey Nichols £50 per 6 months). So just contact them on chat and they’ll add manually.

Other offers are targeted and can take a few weeks of spending to start showing up.

thehornets 18 posts

How long is it taking for people to see the dining credit applied to the bill?

I was in the Ivy Cambridge last weekend (lovely room, great service, good food), received the email about the £20 Ivy offer almost immediately but have seen no sign of either credit on my account.

Many thanks!

Went to ivy in Leeds on Sunday 23/10. £150 credit appeared on account dated 24/10 👍 ( sadly didn’t have £20 cashback on this account )

Thank you sm!

Confrimed that both the dining credit and the cashback both tracked today (i.e. 1 week later)

Erico1875 143 posts

So I have had the Platinum card for a week now and intend to use the dining credit next weekend.
    The T&C’s indicate the current £150 credit terminates 31 Dec 22 and a new £150 credit will be available 1 Jan 23 to 31 Dec 23.
    Can I get another £150 credit say in Jan 23 too?

SteveJ 979 posts

So I have had the Platinum card for a week now and intend to use the dining credit next weekend.
    The T&C’s indicate the current £150 credit terminates 31 Dec 22 and a new £150 credit will be available 1 Jan 23 to 31 Dec 23.
    Can I get another £150 credit say in Jan 23 too?

Yes, it’s £150 local and £150 international per calendar year.

Also don’t forget your Harvey Nichols free £50 per 6 months (Jan-Jun, Jul-Dec)

peckishpassport 44 posts

I wouldn’t trust an agent. T&C are quite clear that you should check whether the restaurant is on the list or not before you dine and spend.

It must have been quite recent. I last checked maybe 2 weeks ago when I booked in Tokyo as well as my farewell meal. I also never got credit for the deposit (only about £20), so it’s unlikely. I’ve cancelled my booking as no doubt they’ll refer to T&C. Pocket Concierge refunded me the deposit because it’s well in advance.

Here’s from T&C:
    “Participating restaurants can be found here. This list is subject to change without notice (e.g., because they end their participation in this benefit, or our arrangements with them change). Please check before you dine as you’ll not receive a statement credit if the restaurant isn’t on the list.”

The Amex agent in this instance was right. I had two Pocket Concierge transactions recredited this morning! Happy days!

spawn606 47 posts

Hi all,

Anyone tried to buy a gift card from Lyles Shoreditch? I see they offer them on their website but don’t want to purchase unless confident.

Can’t eat properly for next 2 months due to surgery so wanted to secure this to enjoy !

xefo 47 posts

Got it, this particular offer is open to all (as is the Harvey Nichols £50 per 6 months). So just contact them on chat and they’ll add manually.

Other offers are targeted and can take a few weeks of spending to start showing up.

Thanks did just that, offers added.

Michael Scott 20 posts

I spent £170 on my card (used Apple Pay) at Erst in Manchester a few days ago and has posted as ‘IZ Erst Ltd’. I’m now a little worried as I think the IZ stands for Izettle, is this what Amex class as a payment facilitator? If so, according to the terms I won’t get the credit. How on earth are you supposed to know what payment system the restaurant uses?

We’re now in Paris and planning on spending £300 over 2 cards but don’t really want to do that if we’re not going to get the credit.

Has anyone had experience with this?

RG 61 posts

In a difference to others’ above, my dining offer expires 31/12/24 (!)

peckishpassport 44 posts

In a difference to others’ above, my dining offer expires 31/12/24 (!)

The dining offer benefit expiry date shows 31/12/24 for everyone. But if you read the t&cs, it states that the first period ends on 31st Dec 2022 as it’s an ANNUAL benefit.

AndyGWP 275 posts

Just jumped on board the Platinum bandwagon. Is this something you also need to add to the card from “my offers”?… I have recollections that instore voucher purchases used to be an option, is that still the case?

SteveJ 979 posts

Just jumped on board the Platinum bandwagon. Is this something you also need to add to the card from “my offers”?… I have recollections that instore voucher purchases used to be an option, is that still the case?

You definitely need to add in my offers before the spend. Not tried in store vouchers.

Luca M 391 posts

Quick data point from using the £150 abroad portion of the promotion in the Campania Region of South Italy (flying into Naples, including Sorrento and Amalfi coast).

The restaurant option on the site was fairly good, one of the better region covered:

Naples:
    – George Restaurant (within Grand Hotel Parkers)
    – Il Comandante (within Romeo Hotel)
    (Both 1 Michelin star)

Sant’Agata dei Due Golfi
    – Don Alfonso 1890 (2 Michelin Stars)

Vico Equense
    – Torre del Saracino (2 Michelin Stars)

Amalfi
    – La Caravella (1 Michelin Star)

I did not plan to use the credit long before, so when I came to try to make the booking, I found out that my first choice Don Alfonso closed for the winter on 30th October, Torre de Saracino was fully booked for months, and Il Comandante was also closed for refurbishment.

So I tried and was successful in booking George Restaurant on the top floor of the Grand Hotel Parker, on a hill in Naples overlooking the city, a stunning location. The food and service was equally superlative and both the wife and I were really impressed and already plan to go back. They have three testing menus for the autumn, at 100, 140 and 160 Euro (we went for the middle one).

The Amex credit will cover just a little more than half the bill (2 people) so was a good use for it.

Kowalski 105 posts

I’ll be leaving the UK this weekend and won’t be back until next year. I haven’t used the £150 credit yet. I’m guessing I can buy a gift card from one of the restaurants to utilize the credit and then spend the gift card on my return next year?

Wiseoldman 69 posts

I’ll be leaving the UK this weekend and won’t be back until next year. I haven’t used the £150 credit yet. I’m guessing I can buy a gift card from one of the restaurants to utilize the credit and then spend the gift card on my return next year?

Yes as long as you go to restaurant and buy it there and they dont use a 3rd part processing company for vouchers. so yes with caveats!

rufusrea 11 posts

Could gift card for the ivy be bought over the phone as I live in N Ireland and no restaurants here.

Kowalski 105 posts

Yes as long as you go to restaurant and buy it there and they dont use a 3rd part processing company for vouchers. so yes with caveats!

Thanks, worth a try. I’ll pop in before I leave and see if it works! Looming to use it at Cut at 45 Park Lane

AndyGWP 275 posts

Hi folks – any thoughts or opinions on the Manchester restaurant offerings?…

Tripadvisor reviews don’t seem that complimentary about any of them about from Hawksmoor (which I noticed someone on here referenced as being a bit like a naff chain steakhouse… tho I can’t recall which exact one they referenced!)

Anyways, current selection is:
    – 20 Stories
    – Erst
    – Hawksmoor
    – Tattu
    – The Ivy

Kowalski 105 posts

Thanks, worth a try. I’ll pop in before I leave and see if it works! Looming to use it at Cut at 45 Park Lane

Well that didn’t work out! I called Cut in the morning to ask if they told gift cards. They said yes. I told them I’d pop in this afternoon to buy one.. When I arrived at Cut they said they don’t sell gift cards! You can only get them online…

JDB 4,384 posts

@Kowalski – you may have had a lucky escape. I’m a huge fan of Wolfgang Puck, but Cut is massively overpriced rubbish. The fact the tab may be picked up by the Plat benefit can’t really turn poor food into a good dinner.

Kowalski 105 posts

@Kowalski – you may have had a lucky escape. I’m a huge fan of Wolfgang Puck, but Cut is massively overpriced rubbish. The fact the tab may be picked up by the Plat benefit can’t really turn poor food into a good dinner.

Hey, ah interesting, I’ve not been before but figured it would be very good for steak. What did you eat there? If you’re a steak lover, is there somewhere better in London on the Platinum deal you’ve tired? I see Gordan Ramsey Gill is on the list. I’ve not tried that

JDB 4,384 posts

Hey, ah interesting, I’ve not been before but figured it would be very good for steak. What did you eat there? If you’re a steak lover, is there somewhere better in London on the Platinum deal you’ve tired? I see Gordan Ramsey Gill is on the list. I’ve not tried that

I had steak, but that isn’t something I would usually go to a restaurant for – I was invited. Totally shocked that a not particularly big, not very flavoursome meat, split béarnaise sauce, chips and veg = over £100 before service. Our American host was quite embarrassed. I’m afraid I can’t help with steak restaurants as it is something easy to buy and cook better than most restaurants. For restaurants in London on the Plat dining offer where real cooking skills (and very hard to do at home) are on display, I like Launceston Place, Mere and Angler.

JDB 4,384 posts

@Kowalski I had steak, but that isn’t something I would usually go to a restaurant for – I was invited. Totally shocked that a not particularly big, not very flavoursome meat, split béarnaise sauce, chips and veg = over £100 before service. Our American host was quite embarrassed. I’m afraid I can’t help with steak restaurants as it is something easy to buy and cook better than most restaurants. For restaurants in London on the offer where real cooking skills (and very hard to do at home) are on display, I like Launceston Place, Mere and Angler.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.