Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• yorkieflyer 259 posts

OH received 150k avios in total as part of this offer. Card and account churned pretty much the following day. Off to HSBC premier now while waiting for the clock to rest for AMEX cards

Keeping the premier account dormant for now for the 1500 Avios for £12 till they bin us off though

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

I have received 125k overall so far – the 25k switching bonus a few months ago and the 100k headline bonus yesterday.

However the HfP article that ran originally says 2x 25k and the 100k:

“Yes, you receive 100,000 Avios as an extrabonus. You also get the standard bonuses of 25,000 Avios for taking out the Avios Plus credit card and 25,000 Avios for joining Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards (T&C apply).”

Has anyone received both 25k amounts?

Thanks,
    TheEscapist

I asked Barclays about this and they seemed to think there was only one lot of 25k. This doesnt however mean that is correct as I was told quite a few different things along my Barclays journey!

didn’t you both get the premium card, spend 3k and got the 25k avios?

I already had the free avios card so don’t think I qualified for that offer unfortunately.

R76 24 posts

Applied 11/11, no 100k yet. Do I remember reading it’s best to speak to Twitter support?

It isn’t overdue yet. You had to hold both products for 4 months to qualify for the bonus, and then it’s to be paid within 2 months after that. So it won’t be overdue till mid-May, and that’s all they’ll tell you if you contact them.

51lver 2 posts

I received mine yesterday, 100k.

1967stuart2 15 posts

OH received 150k avios in total as part of this offer. Card and account churned pretty much the following day. Off to HSBC premier now while waiting for the clock to rest for AMEX cards

Thanks yorkieflyer and yes forgot I was paying £20 on the card and £7 net (£12 – £5) on the premier account. As that’s £324 a year and I have enough airmiles, think it’s time I took at downgrading to the free card.

Carlos 758 posts

Is the only way to close the card to phone in?

tontoro 106 posts

Applied 11/11, no 100k yet. Do I remember reading it’s best to speak to Twitter support?

It isn’t overdue yet. You had to hold both products for 4 months to qualify for the bonus, and then it’s to be paid within 2 months after that. So it won’t be overdue till mid-May, and that’s all they’ll tell you if you contact them.

sent them a message earlier on Twitter, had a reply within an hour apologising and saying they would look into it in detail on Monday. Impressive service so far. I’m only worried because I never got an email saying I was eligible, so I wonder if something in their system hasn’t matched up. Don’t urgently need the points, so just want to know they are on the way at some stage…!

Reney 768 posts

I have received 125k overall so far – the 25k switching bonus a few months ago and the 100k headline bonus yesterday.

However the HfP article that ran originally says 2x 25k and the 100k:

“Yes, you receive 100,000 Avios as an extrabonus. You also get the standard bonuses of 25,000 Avios for taking out the Avios Plus credit card and 25,000 Avios for joining Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards (T&C apply).”

Has anyone received both 25k amounts?

Thanks,
    TheEscapist

I asked Barclays about this and they seemed to think there was only one lot of 25k. This doesnt however mean that is correct as I was told quite a few different things along my Barclays journey!

didn’t you both get the premium card, spend 3k and got the 25k avios?

I already had the free avios card so don’t think I qualified for that offer unfortunately.

In which case you have been correctly rewarded.

louie 118 posts

I’m only worried because I never got an email saying I was eligible, so I wonder if something in their system hasn’t matched up. Don’t urgently need the points, so just want to know they are on the way at some stage…!

Did you get the text? I didn’t get an email but did get the text followed by the 100k a few days ago. Last minute applicant albeit long standing Premier customer.

tontoro 106 posts

I’m only worried because I never got an email saying I was eligible, so I wonder if something in their system hasn’t matched up. Don’t urgently need the points, so just want to know they are on the way at some stage…!

Did you get the text? I didn’t get an email but did get the text followed by the 100k a few days ago. Last minute applicant albeit long standing Premier customer.

No, nothing at all regarding the 100k

namster 70 posts

just recieved mine today after account being opening account in November

Question: I have got a upgrade voucher to use. Can I close my barclays account and still use the voucher ?

PIL 100 posts

Is the only way to close the card to phone in?

You can use the chat. The procedure takes only a couple of minutes

johnwillis1986 15 posts

Another data point,
    Applied 22/11/2022
    100k rcd’d 19/04/2023
    Got the extra 50k as well for app and switch
    Second 25k rec’d April 5th

cmcp 36 posts

SMS received! Joined mid Nov ’22.

Good times

100k received, jackpot!

Hearing about folks receiving a second 25k… I wonder if my time is up for that, or still up for grabs if I do a CASS switch.

Bee 8 posts

All 175k points now in…in addition to the monthly 1500 points. Now need to analyse next steps.😀

tontoro 106 posts

No, nothing at all regarding the 100k

Message this morning saying they have looked into it and the avios will be on the way, at some point…

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

just recieved mine today after account being opening account in November

Question: I have got an upgrade voucher to use. Can I close my barclays account and still use the voucher ?

Yes

LordLucan 6 posts

Is there any value in retaining the Barclays Premier Acc after the 100K Avios bonus has been paid?

baec_newbie 87 posts

Is there any value in retaining the Barclays Premier Acc after the 100K Avios bonus has been paid?

I’d have said so, as even if you downgrade to the free card (and thus lose the £5/month ‘rebate’) you are still getting 1500 Avios a month for £12, which at 0.8p/Avios is less than most estimations of face value. When you consider the value of the annual voucher (a min of 7000 Avios as that’s the alternative you can now opt for, but possibly much more if used on a long haul redemption) I’d say there is no reason whatsoever to close it, unless or until Barclays change the price or conditions.

LordLucan 6 posts

I was referring to the value in retaining the bank account not the Credit Card??

WillPS 194 posts

I was referring to the value in retaining the bank account not the Credit Card??

The bank account is a prerequisite for Premier Avios Rewards.

£12/month for 1500 Avios, plus a bonus of either an upgrade voucher or 7000 Avios every 12 months.

£13.75/month worth of Nectar it works out as, so I’ll keep mine going for the first year then decide. Feels like a lot of hoopla for a £1.75/month benefit is my gut.

Obviously if Avios are worth something to you without being converted to Nectar then the maths is different.

phantomchickenz 314 posts

Good luck with the phone call. Please do report back. I think I am in the same situation. Unexpectedly, being a long time Barclays premier customer and early adopter of the avios CC, I had 25k and an email saying I’ll be getting the 100k.
    I assumed my email triggered because the two products didn’t link properly for 6 months and I was still quite optimistic the 100k would land in the fullness of time until your post.

Had the phone call, it was mainly a customer service call to say they will lodge a complaint on my behalf. 40 working days to resolve it, but they hope it will be done much quicker.

After missing a few subsequent phone calls, I’ve just received a letter today confirming I WILL receive the 100,000 Avios by the end of the month.

“As well as aiming this {the promotion} at new customers, we also rewarded our existing dual Avios Rewards customers”. Happy days.

Gottskalksson 20 posts

I was told May

Bee 8 posts

Does one still need to ensure that appropriate £4600 goes through the account monthly after getting the 100k avios?

baec_newbie 87 posts

Does one still need to ensure that appropriate £4600 goes through the account monthly after getting the 100k avios?

There was no need for the £4600 to go through the account in the first place – however, reports suggest that you’ll be contacted after 12 months and told you’ll be charged an additional monthly fee if you don’t pay that much in going forwards.

That might be the point at which I bail.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.