Important dates for your diary – offers about to close which you shouldn’t miss

Here is the latest edition of our fortnightly weekend feature which summarises offers that are ending soon. It pulls together the different deals mentioned on our Avios Promos, Hotel Promos, Credit Cards and regular article pages.

It is a relatively short list this time.  I would highlight the Accor Hotels offer which requires you to book before 12th October and will reward you with up to 10,000 bonus Avios for stays before Christmas.

Next Sunday is also the last day to earn up to 10,000 Avios for opening an ISA with Nutmeg.

Deals closing soon:

Monday 3rd October

Etihad ’96 hour sale’ ends.  Article.

Last day to book a hotel via TripAdvisor and receive a £20 Amazon gift card.  Article.

Last day (10am close) to get 625 Avios for registering with TopCashback.  Article.

Sunday 9th October

Last day to earn up to 10,000 Avios opening an ISA with Nutmeg.  Article.

Monday 10th October

Last day for a 50% bonus when you convert IHG Rewards Club points to United MileagePlus.  Article.

Wednesday 12th October

Last day to book an Accor stay (for a stay by 26th December) to qualify for the 10,000 bonus points / 10,000 bonus Avios / €200 promotion.  Article.

Sunday 16th October

Last day to earn 75 Clubcard points when purchasing a £25 gift card at Tesco.  Article.

Last day to earn 100 Clubcard points making a purchase at Tesco using the PayQwiq app.  Article.

Sunday 30th October

Last day to stay at a Radisson / Park Inn / Park Plaza for double or triple points.  Article.

Monday 31st October

Last day to earn 10,000 / 25,000 miles with the Virgin Atlantic credit cards.  Article.

Last day to earn 40,000 Nectar points with the American Express Nectar credit card.  Article.

Last day to earn 20 Avios per £1 spent on Heathrow Express tickets.  Article.

Last day to earn 3,500 Miles & More miles for every Best Western stay.  Article.

Last day to earn 13,200 Avios with an Economist subscription.  Article.

Last day to earn bonus Heathrow Rewards points on fashion purchases.  Article.

Last day to transfer Diamond Club points to Avios before the scheme closes the next day.

Tuesday 1st November

Last day for‘Kids Fly Free’ on BA to/from Leeds, Newcastle, Inverness and Belfast  Article.

Big redemption savings: Hilton properties in Turkey and Iberia Express flights to Spain
Bits: Heathrow protest today, Etihad sale, update on 40,000 Nectar points deal

1. avidsaver says:

31st October also last day to apply for Virgin White / Black Credit Card for 10,000 / 25,000 bonus.

2. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

TopCashBack are offering plus members £110.25 for a Nutmeg sign up at the moment. That’s 13781 Avios, assuming the 25% conversion bonus lasts.

3. Not directly points related but 18 Oct deadline to sign up for Tesco Xmas Saver. £200 ‘invested’ for £12 profit (6%). Circa 100% AER

4. OT
    I bought £250 of M&S gift cards at Tesco on the 24th Sep. I have the activation receipts for all the cards so it looks like they were activated, however they are showing as not activated when I try and use them in M&S. Could the activation process take over a week? I’d like to avoid having to go back to Tesco and deal with their customer services/interrogation if possible.

• No, never heard of any taking over 24 hours and most are instant

• Once I bought an M&S giftcard from topgiftcards that took about 2 weeks to activate, but I’ve never had this problem with any bought from Tesco. Looks like I’ll have to call in on Monday.

• M and S is instant. So is TK Maxx, Debenhams, House of Fraser. Argos is 48 hrs I think and can’t be used online

• Interesting… I’ve just checked the 5 cards on the M&S website and 3 are showing as valid, 2 are not. But I have activation receipts for each of the cards, showing “card activation successful” and the correct number.

• Update on this exciting story: The customer services people in Tesco were very polite and helpful but were not able to activate the cards. The manager tried calling M&S twice but they wouldn’t do anything. In the end Tesco gave me a refund, in cash. I guess I get to keep the clubcard points anyway :)
        Anyway, worth nothing that even if you get a slip saying “activation successful”, the cards might not actually have activated.

5. 31st Oct – last day to transfer diamond club
    Miles to BA

6. OT but the MBNA T&Cs on the Virgin card do t prevent churning any longer. Has anyone had experience of this?

• True, they seem to have removed it – or is it a mistake? Went a few months ago. MBNA has always allowed churning with a couple of years gap irrespective of rules.

7. Flightdoctor says:

A bit OT but looking at finding an exEU deal in business to Orlando for the summer holidays (Jul or Aug 2017). Best I can find on the BA website is ex Dublin with American (DUB-PHL or MCO or JFK with connection to MCO) for around €1450 return with a €300 reduction using 45,500 Avios per person. These are code shares with BA flight numbers. My questions:
    1. If I pay with my BA AMEX premium plus card will I get the triple miles?
    2. Should I hold on and wait for an better exEU deal (either from a different destination and/or a bonus “part pay with miles” offer)
    3. Anyone have experience of American business from Dublin? Do they have flat beds?

• Flightdoctor says:

I mean via ORD (not MCO obviously!)

• We flew American Dub-Phl. It was old style seats with angled flat on the way out (but wasn’t trying to sleep anyway) and flat beds back.

8. Very much OT: I am trying to hit the Plat Amex spending target ASAP, and am thinking of the following method: reloading the Moneycorp Explorer Card I bought when they offered £50 + £20 free in August, and subsequently cash it at an ATM. That initial purchase was treated as a purchase on my BAPP Amex. Will the reload be treated as a purchase or a cash advance? Thanks!

• Good idea. IIRC, others reported directly issued Amex cards tracking as purchases. However, can you top up with Amex and what’s the fee for doing so? I can’t see it on the mobile version as an option. £150 withdrawal fee and it says only limit is £1k per day but this might have to be done over a number of withdrawals so perhaps circa 1% wastage here.

• Yes – the withdrawal fee is £1.50, and I’m happy to split withdrawals and accept some wastage. I’m unable to login to my Moneycorp profile for some reason, but I’ll have to check whether reloading using Amex is possible. I’d expect it to be, given that the original purchase was possible…

• No unfortunately loading via Amex is not possible.
          The only option is Visa or MC.

However I suppose one can always open another account or at least in the spouse’s name, if you are still waiting for then £20 credit to appear like me.

• Logged in today…72 from 52 on my explorer card..

They must be slowly working their way thro the applicants

9. Re: the Virgin credit cards, is it true that you’ll not be accepted if you have 5 other credit cards?

10. JamesWag says:

With the Le Club Accor 4 stays for 10,000 points deal running until Oct 12th, do we think we’ll see a big LCAH sale come out just after this date ?

Need to be booking hotel stays in Vietnam for December and whilst 10,000 points would be nice, I’d prefer to be paying much less per night instead :-)

My Platinum only runs until April 2017 and I don’t think I’ll be able to renew this year :-( Gutted.

11. JamesWag says: