Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Earn 1,500 Clubcard points (3,600 Avios) on £60 Tesco grocery spend

Tesco has launched a new promotional code for Tesco grocery shopping via a tie-up with moneysavingexpert.com.  It is pretty impressive:

1,500 bonus Clubcard points on a £60 grocery spend

Code is XXGKLX

Code expires on Monday 20th October – you need to receive the delivery, or do ‘click and collect’, by this date

This code is aimed at customers whose accounts have not had a Tesco Grocery order before.

It will also work OK if you have not done a Tesco Grocery order for some time, potentially a year or so.  I got it to work successfully on my account as the screenshot below shows.

The quickest way to see if it works on an existing account is to go to the Tesco grocery site and do a dummy order for £60 (search for ‘veuve’ and put two bottles in your basket!). Click checkout, select a random delivery slot, go to the payment page (do not put in a credit card number) and enter the code. The box is halfway down the payment page.

If it has worked, you will see this on your screen:

Tesco bonus points code

The voucher is then stored on your account. You do NOT need to complete the dummy order – the code will still be there if you do another grocery order later on.

If the code does not work on your account, you may want to consider opening a new Tesco Clubcard account just for this transaction.  If you are in a BA household account then it is better to use the name of someone else in your household account and send the Avios to them.

If you don’t want to order your groceries from Tesco, consider spending £60 on some wine, nappies, dishwasher tablets or other expensive branded items which you buy anyway. It is a very easy 3,600 Avios or 3,750 Virgin Flying Club miles if you only buy items you need anyway.

(Want to boost your Clubcard points?  Click here and scroll down to the Clubcard logo to see our list of current promotions.)

Comments (76)

• wetboy1uk says:

Does anyone have the code for the spice jars clubcard points?

• takke says:

I placed three orders in three different names, all genuine different people’s accounts, but same address. One arrived, I called about one of the others and was told that it was cancelled due to suspicious activity (two orders to same address in different names)
    🙁
    will have to try again for Monday delivery with the other two and put a note on the order that this is not a mistake and I did mean to place both of the orders.

• scottydoobuy says:

should have just c+c then there would be no questions asked ?

• takke says:

Yeah, perhaps. I don’t have a store that’s convenient for me though. It seems groceries c+c is more restricted in terms of stores than tesco direct c+c

• scottydoobuy says:

4x 3v’s 300 ccp =720 avios
    £100 on Amex =200 avios(bonus)
    £60.57 spent on tesco groceries 1562 ccp=3748 avios (paid with 3v)
    total 4668 avios for a £64 total spend
    i think thats right ? lol
    thanks for the heads up was doing my shop today anyway

• Kipto says:

or for £79 using the same Amex card you could get 9548 Avios by buying £1000 worth of visa gift cards which cost £3.95 per £50 gift card and pay them into a direct saver account at NS&I and withdraw the funds 7 days later to pay the Amex off.
      3000 points for the gift cards. 20×150 points.= 7200 Avios
      79 points for the fees for the card = 190 Avios.
      £1079 x 2 on the gold Amex card = 2158 Avios ..
      Total 9548 Avios.
      You don’t get any groceries this way though. …………….

• […] PS.  It may still be possible to get a grocery order placed for delivery or ‘click and collect’ on Monday – the last day – to earn 1,500 Clubcard points via this offer. […]

• Adam says:

Strangely it states when you bank the code – expires 31/10/14 so may work after Monday. Will have to wait for someone to try it after 20th to find out.

• Rob says:

Just did an order for a Tuesday pickup code said was valid until 31/10/14…will see if it works.

Took a screen shot of the order so from experience Tesco should honour it……although now i have said that …

• Kipto says:

Thanks squills . I have a dormant Virgin flying club account having flown with them once. Is there any advantage over Avios ?

• squills says:

Depends on you. For us – not really – which is why I have 100K sitting there doing nothing. Pain in the beckside, I have to keep them current.

If you’re young free & single, and you want to go to their destinations, VFC is great.

• Keith says:

Too bad I don’t qualify for this promotion because I order shopping online from Tesco every week. It’s a real shame that they have these bonus points promotions to entice new customers instead of rewarding loyal ones.

• Kipto says:

I have tesco online delivery each week as well. You can take advantage of this offer by signing up under a different email address and ordering your groceries. Just do one order and you will get the points.

• pazza2000 says:

This code (XXGKLX) still seems to be valid, up until 17th Nov. I’ve not ordered and rec’d but the points total is showing at checkout, I don’t see why you wouldn’t receive them.