Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• The Original Nick 111 posts

I’ve found the answer.

duggie1982 261 posts

I’m pretty sure the Double Tier Points offer on flight and hotel/car hire works with just a solo traveller but can someone confirm please?

Yes! I done a (solo) flight and hotel option to Dubai in September and the double points posted fine

Bluetaz66 1 post

Hi. Any advice please. My gold status expires July 2023. I have enough tier points to benefit from the December 2022 reduction but only 2 qualifying flights. I am taking 2 more in May. Will l be okay for gold come July 23 or do l need to get in 2 more qualifying flights before the end of December 22? Thanks

Ghosty 15 posts

Have the five nights got to be in the same hotel/location to qualify for double TP’s?.
    I’m looking at doing a silver TP run Man-Lhr-Sof return in business to achieve silver in one go.
    The Man-Lhr leg would have to be the day before the Sof leg. So if I include an overnight Heathrow airport in the booking could I then only book 4 nights in Sofia and subsequently the return date.?

AJA 1,062 posts

Hi. Any advice please. My gold status expires July 2023. I have enough tier points to benefit from the December 2022 reduction but only 2 qualifying flights. I am taking 2 more in May. Will l be okay for gold come July 23 or do l need to get in 2 more qualifying flights before the end of December 22? Thanks

You definitely need another two qualifying flights so an economy trip either UK domestic or to somewhere like Paris or AMS would work.

Andrew J 769 posts

I’m pretty sure the Double Tier Points offer on flight and hotel/car hire works with just a solo traveller but can someone confirm please?

Yes, fine, nothing in the Ts&Cs to exclude people who prefer their own company – I’ve booked myself two First trips which between them will give me more than enough TPs to renew my Gold.

Lady London 2,030 posts

If the TPs haven’t posted after 60 days and you miss a status upgrade I think you’d be on strong grounds to bill BA for some posh meals in the terminal the standard of the marketing drivel on their website until it’s rectified.

BA will only improve when it’s more costly not to.

I’d go further than that.

If my status was downgraded on renewal because BA failed to credit tier points in time, then as and when they credit the points I would demand that my new status year starts on the date they credit the points, for the usual 12 months, with my annual status renewal now becoming that date.

I think it was extremely cheap of BA, after the promotion began, to say they would delay crediting status earned, for 60 days ie 2 months. That immediately takes away 17% of the value of what they offered. If someone’s status would have been upgraded, say, 3-5 days after a flight with the tier points they earned, this would be acceptable.

To delay crediting tier points for 2 months – and then routinely not crediting even in that time – and then the passenger that earned their credit has to to contact BA multiple times trying to get the tier points they earned credited, with all the obstacles of contacting BA these days – is cheap and nasty.

I mean, for goodness’ sake. Here on HfP we’ve had more than one poster say it’s been over 6 months since the flight when they earned tier points and the tier points earned have still not been credited.

This cannot be just shortage of resources, or the BA bungling we’re accustomed to. It’s just sleazy delaying the payout of benefits promised while the passenger’s status year ticks by.

StaggerLee 61 posts

Quick question for clarification.

I’ve booked a trip to Bangkok & Phuket. My wife didn’t like the hotels on offer in Bangkok so we booked that separately. We have, however, booked 9 nights hotel in Phuket.

Reading the T&Cs I thought this would qualify for the double points but a lot of posts on here say it doesn’t.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

Niall 113 posts

Quick question for clarification.

I’ve booked a trip to Bangkok & Phuket. My wife didn’t like the hotels on offer in Bangkok so we booked that separately. We have, however, booked 9 nights hotel in Phuket.

Reading the T&Cs I thought this would qualify for the double points but a lot of posts on here say it doesn’t.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

It should based on the T&Cs now it should. They had previously said had to be the whole trip in an older version of this deal.

Niall 113 posts

Anyone got any recent experience of how long it takes BA to credit missing tier points when they mess up? My holiday which ended 11 Sept had only half the points post. BA not answering emails, wondering how long they are taking these days to fix issues with automatic posting.

duggie1982 261 posts

Anyone got any recent experience of how long it takes BA to credit missing tier points when they mess up? My holiday which ended 11 Sept had only half the points post. BA not answering emails, wondering how long they are taking these days to fix issues with automatic posting.

Do you mean only half the points because you have not received the ‘double’ points or are they half the normal TP? If its the first one then they have 30 days I believe to add them

Niall 113 posts

Do you mean only half the points because you have not received the ‘double’ points or are they half the normal TP? If its the first one then they have 30 days I believe to add them

Sorry I meant half of the bonus points (80 of 160). The normal 160 tier points (return to Catania in club Europe) posted fine. It has been 42 days and the bonus points for a later trip have now posted.

Anyway, anyone with any recent issues like this have examples of how long it has taken BA to resolve?

Gary 293 posts

Booked LGW RAK yesterday with BAH over the phone as mixed class booking. Agent confirmed economy booking class as V (for Victor) on the outbound & club Europe inbound. MMB showing 90 TP for the trip (presumably 10 + 80) but we were expecting 100 (20+80). Tier point calculator confirmed 20 for V class. Do I need to do anything for now? Could we chase this later as 10 TP difference is crucial for us?

We are within 24 hour cooling off period if that makes any difference to the advice. Also I cannot find the booking class anywhere on the confirmation as would like to have it documented somewhere. Where can I find this?

Andrew J 769 posts

Booked LGW RAK yesterday with BAH over the phone as mixed class booking. Agent confirmed economy booking class as V (for Victor) on the outbound & club Europe inbound. MMB showing 90 TP for the trip (presumably 10 + 80) but we were expecting 100 (20+80). Tier point calculator confirmed 20 for V class. Do I need to do anything for now? Could this be remedied later as 10 TP difference is crucial for us?

We are within 24 hour cooling off period if that makes any difference to the advice.

I don’t think the 24 hr cooling off period applies to BAH bookings.

Gary 293 posts

Agent specifically advised there is cooling off if booked over the phone (not for online bookings)

Gary 293 posts

Booked LGW RAK yesterday with BAH over the phone as mixed class booking. Agent confirmed economy booking class as V on the outbound & club Europe inbound. MMB showing 90 TP for the trip (presumably 10 + 80) but we were expecting 100 (20+80). Tier point calculator confirmed 20 for V class. Do I need to do anything for now? Could we chase this later as 10 TP difference is crucial for us?

Update: Called BAH with 24 hrs of receiving the confirmation and call review was initiated to determine whether selling class V was advised verbally (but ticketed as G). Expectation set was resolution within 24 hrs. Never heard back. I made two further calls over the week to chase and was advised no updates.

Thought to give it a final go yesterday, and it transpired the call review was never initiated over a week ago. Great CSA re-requested the call to be listened to. She rung me back same afternoon and offered free upgrade to CE fr economy on the outbound with associated TP. Pleasantly surprised as was only expecting them to make up the TP difference between V vs G manually.

gaz_land 2 posts

I’m pretty sure I’m right, but want to check. Is it just the outbound flight that needs to be on or before 30th September 2023? I plan to fly back to the UK on 1st October and want to make sure I qualify for the double TP.

CGup 1 post

Hi All,

Long-time email reader, first time on the forum. And ended up on here for this exact thread’s reason. I knew it couldn’t just be me impacted by this double tier point issue.

We’re still waiting on late July/early August flights to be credited. It was booked as part of 4 seats and 1 car, but we upgraded 2 of the seats to Club post-booking over the phone. We were told by the agent they would still qualify for the points as it’s the same booking, although it did generate a new (but linked) booking reference).

3 months later we’re still waiting for the bonuses. I’m due for silver renewal in a month and worried it will be missed. Wife would have qualified for silver in August but still stuck on Bronze. Multiple calls, emails, twitter messages. Nothing. I’ve got a reference number but nothing to use it on. My sense from reading this forum is that there’s nothing I can do, but just writing this has felt calming…

If there are any tips they’re gratefully received. I have flagged with external bodies that BA could be false advertising. We felt encouraged to book due to the promotion but they have not met what they promised us with. Not sure if anyone else has done this too?

Either way, great to be here on the forum and hope you’re all well.

Quarq 1 post

Hello All.

new member here.

I lost my Gold status during the 1st part of lockdown as my year end was in June & I stopped travelling as soon as China started to shut down. My travel has not returned to the same level as pre-COVID yet, but with careful planning I should be able to reinstate & maintain Gold.

To help with the jump start, I have booked a MAN-LHR-RAK in Club Europe for December with a 6 night hotel stay as part of the deal.

If I am not mistaken, that should be 40+80 TP each way x2 for the all inclusive hotel stay giving a total of 480 T.P.’s, correct ?

I am pretty happy with that for a shade over £1K with a 6 day All Inclusive 4* hotel stay included

I think I will book another for July/August for my next years kick start.
    I know travel under the double TP offer must be completed by the end of Sept 2023, but is there a last booking date ?

Thanks for a great site.

blueskiesahead 64 posts

Hi
    I’ve had a read through messages above, but no answer.
    If I book a hotel with this deal and choose not to stay there, or book a car , but don’t pick it up do I still get double points ?

Thanks

bker001 2 posts

Hi

if I booked a 5 night holiday using the custom trip functionality on BA.com with an overnight hotel in LGW plus 4 nights and flights etc. in destination would that qualify for the double points as there are at least 5 nights hotel in the single booking although flights and hotel in destination span just 4 nights ?

BA Agent couldn’t confirm on the phone…

Thanks…

RonnieB 289 posts

How long is it taking right now for the extra tier points to post, are they still coming in around 14 days from end of trip?

Any recent experience welcome.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,046 posts

Outbound 3rd November
    Return – 8th November

Double points posted 17th November

Double avios posted 14th November

So that’s either 14 days from departure or 9 days of return

RonnieB 289 posts

Awesome thanks, hope that is same for me !👍

Lux 13 posts

If I book a hotel with this deal and choose not to stay there, or book a car , but don’t pick it up do I still get double points ?

I can now confirm that I got double points on a booking with car hire, despite me forgetting to collect the car.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.