Hyatt has brought back its very generous American Express cashback deal.
Not only is this the most generous of the cashback offers that regularly pop up on American Express cards, it is – at the moment – the only cashback offer for a major chain.
Even the dates work well. Until 30th April, so you may be able to use it when there is some sun around, you will receive £100 back when you spend £250 at participating Hyatt hotels.
As usual, you need to see if you have the offer showing on any of your American Express cards and then save it to lock it in. My wife and I both have it, despite the fact that we both had an identical offer before Christmas and successfully used it.
There are a few things to note about this deal:
- it is only valid at selected Hyatt properties in Europe
- Small Luxury Hotels properties are not included
- you need to stay by the end of April
- it is clear that cumulative spend does count
This is a deal well worth jumping on
Some of my targets are on the list of participating hotels. Properties I am keen to try, although I’d want to wait until April to do so given the weather, include:
- Hotel Martinez, Cannes
- Palais de la Mediterranee, Nice (below)
- Hotel du Palais Biarritz (above)
- Park Hyatt Milan
Of the hotels we have reviewed, you can use the offer at:
You can check out the full list of participating hotels here.
One hotel missing from the list is the lovely Andaz Prague which I reviewed here, although there is a special Hyatt Prive offer on that hotel.
This deal will double up with Hyatt Prive benefits
You can combine this deal with Hyatt Prive, the benefits programme offered by luxury travel agents including our partner Emyr Thomas.
Hyatt Prive gets you the following benefits – at no additional cost, compared to the usual Best Flexible Rate – for stays at:
- all Park Hyatt hotels
- all Andaz hotels
- some Grand Hyatt hotels
- some Hyatt Regency hotels
- some hotels in The Unbound Collection
- $100 property credit per room per stay ($50 or $75 at some cheaper Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency hotels)
- One category room upgrade confirmed within 24 hours of booking
- Daily full breakfast for two
- Early check-in (from 9am) and late check-out (to 4pm) subject to availability
- Welcome gift and letter
Because all Hyatt Prive rates are ‘pay on departure’, you can be sure that they will combine with the cashback. Click here to learn more about Hyatt Prive, and use the form here to contact Emyr with booking enquiries.