Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post your British Airways Premium Plus retention offers!

• TicknBash 36 posts

Offered £3k spend 10k Avios today.
    2 months away from card anniversary.

Alk123 8 posts

Offered £1k spend in 3 months to receive 5k Avios

bruce2000 11 posts

5k avios for a £1k spend in the next 3 months. Credited as soon as the spend is hit.

can2 467 posts

10k Avios for spending £3k in 3 months

pelicanicecoffeeolaf 64 posts

Was only offered a downgrade to the free card. Coming up to my 2 year anniversary, renewal is this month.

whuaremassive 42 posts

On chat yesterday – offered free card.
    On chat today, offered 10k avios for 3k spend in 3 months. then downgraded card.

Cancelled anyway to reset the clock

AndrewF 11 posts

Spend £3k in 3 months, get 10k Avios – offered via chat on Thursday morning (28th Sept).

janed9388 60 posts

Same offer here. 10,000 Avios for £3k. Can’t see a tracker for it though, should I?

Andrew J 769 posts

Same offer here. 10,000 Avios for £3k. Can’t see a tracker for it though, should I?

No tracker. Just have to keep your own tracker of when the offer was applied.

Gary2022 8 posts

Last week I was offered £1k spend in 3 months for 5k avios, which I took. My new card year starts in Jan, so I will call again just before to see if there is any offer available.

B_itchingtotravel 23 posts

Asked to downgrade to Blue card, and then offered 10,000 for spending £3k in 3 months. Agent confirmed “100%” the pro-rata refund will still apply until ‘Early 2024’

BobM 13 posts

Downgraded to the Blue card over the weekend (had to phone, I’m sure you previously could do stuff like that via the live chat?). Wasn’t made any retention offer. Happy enough to receive almost a full year of the fee back pro rata though.

Tim330 8 posts

I was just offered 10k avios for £3k spend in 3 months. I forgot to ask the Agent will spend on the supplementary card count toward the £3k?

tadpolefarm 7 posts

Via chat this morning I received a 10k Avios bonus for spending £3k. This is in addition to any existing Avios earned. So £3k spend will yield 14.5k Avios which is worth £96 or 3.2% return in Avios if converted to nectar.

xefo 47 posts

P2, via chat got 5k bonus avios offer for £1k spent in 3 months.

zapato1060 639 posts

Asked to downgrade to Blue card, and then offered 10,000 for spending £3k in 3 months. Agent confirmed “100%” the pro-rata refund will still apply until ‘Early 2024’

Rob mentioned pro rata refunds will be allowed after 29 Feb 2024, a delay to a delay. So maybe mid-2024? But who knows it may even be 2025.

kitster 10 posts

Rob mentioned pro rata refunds will be allowed after 29 Feb 2024, a delay to a delay. So maybe mid-2024? But who knows it may even be 2025.

Can you post the link when this was said by Rob? I always read the end of pro rata refunds would be end feb 24

jeff 36 posts

5k Avios for 1k spend in three months, over chat.
    I had to ask about “retention offers” as a mention of “considering cancelling the card” seemed to trigger the chatbot to refer me to call up instead.

Geberna 2 posts

5000 Avios offered for £1,000 spend in the next 3 months through chat this morning. Card due for first renewal mid-January.

Alex G 435 posts

Tried using chat to ask about retention offers. Told I needed to call.

Phoned the Brighton number on the back of the card, told the automated attendant that I was thinking of cancelling the card, and got through to someone in Brighton. Told her I was thinking about downgrading to the free card, but wondered if any retention offers were available. Was offered 10000 Avios for £3000 spend over 3 months. Very happy with that.

If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

LeeG 34 posts

Another one offered 10k points for £3k spend over 3 months here – around 3 weeks from renewal date.

MF176 184 posts

Another one offered 10k points for £3k spend over 3 months here – around 3 weeks from renewal date.

Helped a family member get this today over the chat, it is still the going rate. Even easier than when I did it a few months back, not a single question asked and very forthcoming with the offer.

AFKAE 147 posts

My wife has a BAPP with a feeble credit limit. Having earned the 60K SUB, phoned to cancel stating credit limit too low.

Was offered (and accepted) 5K points for £1K spend in next 3 months.

MF176 184 posts

My wife has a BAPP with a feeble credit limit. Having earned the 60K SUB, phoned to cancel stating credit limit too low.

Was offered (and accepted) 5K points for £1K spend in next 3 months.

And did they increase her credit limit at the same time?

0 post

Just had another 5K points for £1K spend in next 3 months applied

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.