Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get £100 cashback from American Express on a luxury IHG hotel stay

IHG has launched a new cashback deal in conjunction with American Express. This is for IHG’s luxury brands – a similar cashback deal for the mid-market brands ends this week.

It’s a very simple deal.

The new offer will give you £100 cashback when you spend £350 by 16th September.

InterContinental Vienna cashback

The offer is limited to the first 10,000 people to register. You need to see if it is on the ‘Offers’ tab on the statement page of the Amex website or app for each American Express card you hold, including supplementary cards.

Cumulative spending DOES count.

The following hotels are taking part:

InterContinental Paris Le Grand

Whilst InterContinental Dusseldorf is on the list, this hotel left IHG six months ago …..

This offer wasn’t as widespread as I’d expected it to be across my cards. It was on my Platinum card but not on my BA Amex, and neither was it on my wife’s BA Amex. Obviously you won’t find it on the Marriott Bonvoy American Express!

This offer will double up with IHG’s current bonus points promotion which we covered here. You can register here.

Remember that IHG is currently offering instant Platinum Elite status in IHG One Rewards to anyone who wants it. You can register for that here.

The IHG website for bookings is here.

IHG One Rewards update – June 2022:

Get bonus points: IHG One Rewards is offering bonus base points on all cash stays between 18th May and 31st August.  You earn double points on your 2nd to 5th nights, triple points on your 6th to 14th nights and quadruple base points from your 15th night. Our full article is here. Click here to register.

New to IHG One Rewards?  Read our overview of IHG One Rewards here and our article on points expiry rules here. Our article on ‘What are IHG One Rewards points worth?’ is here.

Buy points: If you need additional IHG One Rewards points, you can buy them here.

Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see our complete list of promotions from IHG and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Comments (39)

• Pangolin says:

ICs in CEE/Balkans would have been useful to me but there’s none 🙁

• Dace says:

Very handy offer for me. I have this x4 across my and my SO cards. We have 5 stays at various Kimptons and IC’s before Sept so they’ll all be used.

• Vit says:

Hi Rob et. al, I have 2 saved on my card. I do have relatives coming across from Thailand and Cambodia this summer. Obviously yes they can use my credit card for the stay but I was also thinking if dining in these hotel’s restaurant (talking about Edinburgh) would trigger the offer?

• Rob says:

100% depends on whether the restaurants have their own credit card account or if they share the hotel one. This would usually depend on whether the restaurant is run in-house or whether they contract it out. Obviously if you’re a guest you would charge it to your room bill so it would be fine.

• BuildBackBetter says:

Can Emyr book Kimptons through Bon Vivant?

• NorthernLass says:

On my BAPP supp, which is good as I have a suite at the O2 booked for August bank holiday. Not on my gold but I did find another offer for 3000 MR points for spending £150 at Guerlain which I wouldn’t have seen otherwise so thanks, Rob!

• Vit says:

I was going to give Guerlain a shot for the 3000MR. I have been using La Mer and indeed notice differences.

• Sam says:

One of the cheapest IC in Europe in Warsaw, is of course not in the list…